Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Cake is Done!


Wow! Isn't it strange how a little thing like a birthday party in the middle of an already very-busy schedule can put so much added stress on somebody?

Tonight I finished Audrey's birthday cake, and so now we are completely ready for her party tomorrow. After I wake up, we just have to grab the big, huge box (full of decorations, party favors, pinata, presents, etc.), the cake -oh, and the kids - and head down to J-town. {long sigh}


The cake didn't turn out like I was envisioning, but Audrey will love it. I've learned that if you want your homeade fondant to be perfectly smooth, it is vital to follow some particular steps in making it, and NOT follow some suggestions made. I will put the recipe and directions in my next blog (or shortly thereafter). For now, I am going to finish this up and relax for the last 1 1/2 hours of work. My fellow workmate (whom I share the EXACT same radio and phone voice - no, seriously, it's eerie) loaned me the book Twilight. I'm sure you've all heard of it. I am thoroughly enjoying it. I think it's the first fictitious book i've read since The Dark Tower series was published by Steven King. It's easy, simple, and I don't have to concentrate at all while I'm reading it -- I'm almost half-way through with it and I only started reading it off and on maybe 2 hours ago.


Anyway, I will post some birthday pictures tomorrow if I get a chance. Happy Saturday everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment