Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Cake - The Sweater - The WTF Cards....






So I started on Audrey's cakes, and still haven't found a pan to do Barbie's dress in. I actually found a vase of mine, washed and bleached it out, and was able to turn out a nice cake. But once it was done cooking, it just wasn't wide enough to stick big-ol-barbie (yeah, don't we all wish we were as "big" as barbie!) in there and still have cake leftover. I think today or tomorrow I will finish baking the second layer and find something else for barbie's dress.
I started trying to knit a sweater.... wow, it's going to take me forever to finish this thing! It may or may not fit when I am done with it, but hey.. there is always Audrey that will fit into it! I'm trying the cable stitch on it for th first time, and so far I'm not really finished with enough rows to see how it is turning out. I am having fun with it though, and that's all that matters!



I thought I would jump ahead this year and order my Christmas cards early. Well, I always create them online at Snapfish. They turned out pretty good on the "preview card now" frame so I ordered them. I got them last week all excited that I would be ready to mail them all out by the 1st of December. The excitement lasted until I pulled the first card out and it read:


"ing you Happy Holidays and a Wonderful 2009!" "ING????" "ING?" what... the.......


After 1/2 hour on hold, I was promised I would be fully reimbursed for them once they recieved them back with the postage free label they provided. So I re-ordered them, and just to be safe, I shortened the greeting way down in hopes that when I get them next week they will actually look like what I ordered!


Ok, guess I should post this and finish up my last 1/2 hour of work! Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. baking in a vase! so creative. i am glad you are knitting too!! -lia

    ReplyDelete